You show love to so many people in your life but do you extend that same love to yourself?
Did you know you could honor yourself by showing yourself that same unconditional love?
It's easy and it's necessary!
Read on for my top 5 tips to shower yourself with love not only on Valentine's Day but each day of the year.
1. Have grace with yourself! Grace is something we often give easily to others but we don't easily extend to ourselves. Allow yourself to be comfortable in your imperfection knowing that you too deserve free and unmerited favor at times as well. To show yourself that same courteous goodwill honors you and lifts your spirit.
2. Compliment yourself! Give yourself 3 compliments about your character and/or your abilities and watch your focus change to a positive realm. Words are powerful to heal so why not start with you? Proverbs 16:24 says, "Gracious words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the body."
3. Give yourself the gift of time! No matter if you have 15 minutes free or 2 hours to yourself, fill it with something you really love. Could it be reading your favorite book? Putting together a flower bouquet? Working on that scrapbook? Taking a brisk walk? Snapping a few pictures? Take time out to DO something you love!
4. Connect with a loved one! Time races through our fingers and often we think of those we care about but don't often reach out. Part of loving yourself is reaching out to who loves you.
Do you often think of an elderly aunt but are too busy to reach out to inquire on her wellbeing and say 'hello'? Is the birthday of a loved one coming up so you can reach out with an unexpected card or e-mail? At the end of the day, your heart will be full with the power of connection.
5. Listen to your deepest desires! Don't ignore what is most important to you or what you long for. Take time to listen to your heart and what your calling for greatness may be. Dare yourself to do something big and tell yourself, "I can!" Listening carefully to the desires of your heart is ultimately an act of love that will give back to you in rich rewards.